18.6.09



Ok. So this is a random post and as you can see by the picture I (Josh) have a new toy. My wife really does love me (not just because she lets me buy bikes, but it is one way she shows me :-)). But after riding my faithful Trek Fuel 70 (with upgrades) for the last 5 years I am retiring her to my brother Caleb. That is probably not really retirement but more like a sentence of waiting on death row. Don't worry Caleb the frame has a lifetime warranty.

This new Bike is a sweet ride and should serve me well on the trail. If you know me you know that I love being out on the trail. On any given day I will come home with at least two or three new cuts of bruises usually from a rather stupid move I have made on the trail. For instance when you are riding across a balance beam 100 feet long and 3 feet off the ground you should have one of two things in your favor: 1) you should have either momentum enough to make it all the way across or sense enough to at least pedal a few times in that 100 feet; 2) make sure that if the first thing is not possible at least have a soft spot to land where there is not a root or a rock. I have been riding long enough to know this but for some reason last week i failed to accomplish either one of these two . I fell off the beam after about 7 feet nose first into the only rock along the 100 feet of beam. I am gracefull like that. Anyway, I said all this to tell you I have a new Bike. May I introduce to you my New Specialized FSR XC Comp. Yah!! Will add pictures of the new cuts and bruises asap :-).

1 comment:

  1. Nice way to get some scars! Just don't tell Sophia, she's already scared to ride her bike! We're sticking to nice flat places for the moment. I'm glad you guys started this. It's nice to hear what's going on. Naomi is enjoying it too, she's sitting in front of the ohter computer beside me pretending to type:) Be safe Josh!

    ReplyDelete

What You May Have Missed