5.12.09

Boooooone.

So, Josh recently purchased a new bike (yes, for the second time in six months...... he'll be writing about that later) and we went to Boone to pick it up during Thanksgiving break. I (Allison) LOVE Boone. I practically grew up there seeing as mom and I (and sometimes dad) were there at least 4 times a week for gymnastics. Then with Track and hiking in high school and Jess being there in college.... it has lots of fun memories. Josh just went skiing a lot, so he likes it too.

We had to look up directions from Galax (it'd been like 6 years or more since Josh had driven there) and got a little lost with the Google action. I think some newer roads have been completed or fixed in the last few years? Anyway, we came in on 421 which just happens to be super close to my old gym. So, we went by to see it and THEY CHANGED THE NAME! I mean, I shouldn't be so shocked, I'm sure my old coach has long since retired, and there was another Gymnastics World in NC, so they always had to specify at meets and what not... but really? Now it's New River Gymnatics Academy. It just sounds silly. And it had this awesome mural on the wall that said Gymmastics World, bet they covered that up too :( Sad day.

Moving on. Josh got his new bike from a cool dude who works for Samaritan's Purse who told us about this awesome restaurant, Coyote Kitchen, that no one would ever find if you weren't a Boone native. So he gave us directions and, after spending an hour at Mast General Store.... and diliberating over a pair of Merrells for 3/4 of that hour (I got them, btw), we headed over for lunch. We neglected to take pics of our food, but it was amazing! They have weird combinations and such. So, I had a chicken sandwich that had chipoltle cream cheese, cheese, peppers, onions and some weird other sauce. It was so big, after 2 bites I gave up and ate it with a fork and knife. Josh had some chicken tacos that had the same chipoltle cream cheese and corn and beans and some other weird stuff that I probably wouldn't have eaten. And they had these amazing sweet potato fries. It was really good.... very earthy feel. I felt like I should have had some patchouli perfume or something.

This is what it looks like if you are ever in the area. It's in the Walmart parking lot (ish).

Not sure what he's doing, but it's Josh. Probably deciding if we should go to the Gap Outlet or not.... we decided against it. They already get way too much money from us!


Das ist mich. With my new haircut!!! I love shorter hair! I'm such a slacker. It took me three months to remember to call and get an appointment. Poor Josh had to hear me comlain about how long it was for months! But, not it's short and awesome again. Joy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What You May Have Missed